Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Memories


Oh the memories...
I bet you hear that a lot don't you? It's because everyone has so many memories. They might be good, might be bad, might be happy, or they might be sad,  but everyone has them and, unless you have severe memory loss, no one can take that away from you.
One of my favorite memories involved my good friend, Demetria. We were wondering about in Wal-Mart, when all the sudden, we see this gorgeous pair of neon green, yellow, and orange high-heels being displayed on the shelf. They attracted both of our attention immediately, and so we decided to get a little better look at them (if you know what I mean.) So she goes over to the shoes and gracefully puts them on, as if she wears them everyday. Now just imagine this, a talk, dark-skinned, slim girl wearing those bright shoes gliding across the aisle in Wal-Mart. I'm sure you, like myself, pictured that being wonderful and perfect. Well little did I know...I was in for a rude awakening. From the very first step that she took, it was downhill from there. She tripped, stumbled, wiggled, and wobbled, and sometimes all that at once! And then, watching her but barely able to see her because my eyes were all watery, I watched her lose all control and nearly crack her ankle on the way to the floor! All the sudden I feel it coming, it won't stop, I'm trying with all my might to hold it back, and BOOM! I feel a warm liquid running down both sides of my legs! The only thing I can do is sit down, and when she decides that she's had enough of the shoe department for one day, she tells me to get up and go with her. My only response was, "I can't!" She gives me an awkward look and I could tell that she had no clue was I was talking about. I finally told her and she had to push me home in a grocery basket.
Now that, my friend, is what you call funny.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure it's more disturbing than funny...lol.